Cinnamon couscous trifle
Ingredients (serves 4)
* 125ml orange juice
* 1 tbs caster sugar
* 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
* 1 vanilla bean, split, seeds removed
* 100g couscous
* 4 large passion fruit, pulped
* 3 mandarins, peeled and chopped
* 2 x 200g low-fat vanilla yogurt
* Extra cinnamon for sprinkling
1. In a small saucepan, heat orange juice, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla until simmering. Add couscous, cover and set aside for 3 mins. Stir with a fork to separate the grains.
2. Divide the couscous into 4 portions. Using 200ml glasses, place a layer of passionfruit and mandarin in the base of each glass followed by couscous then a layer of yoghurt. Repeat the layers finishing with a layer of yoghurt.
3. Sprinkle with cinnamon and then serve immediately.
Fresh Living – June 2005 , Page 46
Recipe by Saskia Hay