1 bouillon cube
1/2 cups couscous
1/2 cups boiling water
1 red pepper
3 green onions
1/2 cup green or black olives
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
small handful of parsley finely chopped
Salt and pepper
1. In a saucepan with a lid, add bouillon cube (i suggest french herbs, but chicken, vegetable or beef will do) to boiling water. Stir. Add couscous and cook as per the directions on the couscous package (about 3 min. for instant).
2. Drain any remaining water from pan using the lid.
3. Cut vegetables into small pieces.
4. In a large bowl, toss couscous and vegetables. Drizzle oil and vinegar over top. Add salt generously and some pepper. Toss (using a bowl with a lid makes this much easier).
5. Refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours to let flavours marinate.
Tags: couscous salad