Roasted Corn Couscous
- 5 servings (serving size: about 1 cup)
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (about 4 ears)
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups uncooked couscous
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons diced pimento
Preheat oven to 425°.
Wrap garlic in foil. Place garlic and corn on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon salt over corn.
Bake at 425° for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Unwrap garlic, and mince. Combine garlic, corn, broth, water, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a medium saucepan.
Bring to a boil; gradually stir in couscous. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork; stir in onions and pimento.
Calories: 193 (7% from fat) Fat: 1.5g (sat 0.3g,mono 0.2g,poly 0.4g) Protein: 7.7g Carbohydrate: 40.1g Fiber: 3.5g Cholesterol: 1mg Iron: 1.3mg Sodium: 277mg Calcium: 13mg
Tags: Roasted Corn Couscous