Couscous Salad with Pan-Fried Halloumi
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 spoon Knorr chicken powder
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 courgette – cut into small cubes
- 200g mushrooms – quartered
- 150g halloumi – cut into small cubes
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 handful fresh parsley – coarsely chopped
- 1 handful fresh coriander – coarsely chopped
- 5 slices sundried tomatoes – coarsely chopped
- Fish sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 Lemon’s juice
- Combine couscous, cumin powder, Knorr chicken powder, sugar and hot water in a large mixing bowl. Cover and let stand until water is absorbed, about 10 mins. Fluff with a fork.
- Heat up a bit of oil in a pan. Add courgette, mushrooms, balsamic vinegar and a pinch of salt, cook until dry. Add this to cooked couscous.
- Heat up a bit of oil in a non-stick pan. Add halloumi cheese and fry until all sides are browned. Add this to cooked couscous.
- Mix in parsley, coriander, sundried tomatoes and lemon juice.
- Add fish sauce and black pepper to taste.
Tags: couscous, salad
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Responses are currently closed, but you can trackback from your own site.